Two Sides of Love


  
There are two sides of Love
There is a IN and an OUT
Well I'm all OUT when it comes to you
No earth shattering climax
Just a simple we are through
I'm done being your actual crash test dummy
Your ride or die chick
Your ATM when you are out of cash
Your ray of sunshine when all the lights are out
You see there is considerable doubt
That you ever really loved me
I was basically your convenient means
To satisfy your temporary lust
But we never fully connected because we lacked trust
I was always your best buddy whenever I was agreeable to your many requests
I was your cheerleader
Your mocha colored life vest
Keeping you afloat in your life and your responsibilities
While I received little support and watched
while my life and responsibilities became drenched in neglect
I talked you never listened
I asked you never gave
We are an incomplete union
An error of occurrence
A combined history of half attempts
And unfulfilled desires
So once the totality of the emptiness of your love hits me
There is no other option
No need to look back
Time to walk away
The vest is deflated and I can no longer encourage you
Praise you, and show up
and stand idly by like some trophy female
Because it hinders me from finding the fullness that comes with real love
Where you give and receive
So I'm back to crossing the line on this love affair
There are two sides of love
There is an In and an Out
I'm on the side that says Out  
Peace





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Plug rolls out the red carpet for movie premiere

3 sexy red heels for February

BMore Lifestyle talks Spring 2019 Style with Rosie Mears Shoe Collection