The bar is a great form of escapism








Sitting at the bar is a very familiar place for some people. I have memories from younger years when hanging out at the bar was as natural as breathing. Often we would start at the bar and order a round then continue to the dance floor once the round had done its magic. That’s right the bar is kind of magical, when the intoxication begins so does the hallucination. And the dark lights and endless supply of bottles on display begin to taunt and tease simultaneously. The bartenders make their mixes look so inviting as they pour, and shake, and combine their potions. Even an innocent Virgin Daiquiri looks sinister when they plop a big strawberry on the side and add a cherry on top. You become hooked with what nifty concoction you can order that will delight your senses. For some the draw of a good bar is simply marvelous.


Different bars all over the world- Now, I understand across the world there are all kinds of bars- from the most elegant spots, to the more hole in the wall type dives. Still, there is something about a bar that is simply incredible. You walk inside of the establishment and you are allowed to walk away from whatever activities you participated in that day. For that particular moment in time you sit at a bar and you allow the bar to become the focus of your attention, the object of your desires, and the means to creating a momentous occasion with one glass of some form of liquid.


One Vodka Tonic- Just recently I had one vodka tonic with a lime and that simple cocktail served as a transformative object for me that enabled my people skills to become enhanced as I began to talk to strangers sitting around me and asking about their day.  I made friends quickly and laughed with little reservation at small gestures and jokes from my new friends. My confidence seemed to soar ever so slightly and as I sipped I stopped obsessing in my head so much about my skin not being perfect or those extra 20 pounds I started off trying to lose at the beginning of the year. Yes, those things which this morning seemed huge were now mere small flaws that I didn’t have time to worry about right now.  As I sipped I began to feel a little warmer and found myself swaying to music playing in the background. I relaxed my posture a little more as I sat on the stool and ordered some takeout from the kitchen. Then the realization that while the restaurants and bars across the world are all so different there is still probably one commonality that unites them all.



Bars are an escapism- That is the way the place makes you feel. Bars are an escapism from your normal routine and daily activities. With all the utter craziness in the news and happening in our ever- changing world it is nice to have a place to indulge your need for a customized cocktail with or without alcohol and allow the server to put that neat little napkin down and place your drink. Whatever the price or occasion the feeling of being a little spoiled or pampered is just fine. We all deserve this little treat. So as the weekend looms there are many who will escape to their favorite bar. For those that refrain from over indulging it is quite a refreshing way to spend your time.
How do you feel when you go to the bar? Do you agree that the bar is a form of escapism? Do you have to have friends with you at the bar or are you ok with going solo? Feel free to share your thoughts and post your pictures.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Plug rolls out the red carpet for movie premiere

3 sexy red heels for February

BMore Lifestyle talks Spring 2019 Style with Rosie Mears Shoe Collection