His touch was electric

It was lunch time at the Square and with the bustling amount of people trying to cross the street from every angle I stood frozen still in total silent bliss because a stranger just brushed his hand across my shoulder.
He was simply helping to regain my balance ; still I could not deny his touch was electric. The little hairs on my arm are standing straight up at attention even the little hairs on the back of my neck was aware of his touch.
With that much electricity who needs Georgia Power? While it seemed like everyone was on a mission to find lunch; oddly enough, I was on a mission to understand why my initial reaction from a single touch left me grasping for control of my balance.
Yes, I was trying to maintain my balance because I had foolishly let all my papers slip when I ran across the busy intersection and this kind unnamed man stopped to gather up my papers and stop me from creating anymore disorderly conduct.
In the process of all the flying papers his hand magically came in contact with my thigh. It was so impactful that I had never been so happy to see scattered papers. Besides, had it been that long since I had a date?
This slight act was so unsettling that I found myself perplexed over the last time I had been out with a man.
Hmmmm... as I continued my mental trip over my activity over the last few weeks I had to put on a quick pause as I looked down at the very real and very interesting man that he helped pick up my papers from the busy sidewalk of Walton Square.  My thigh which was exposed today thanks to my blue performance suit. Normally I wouldn't have even acknowledged such a slight gesture...  except for some reason that unexpected touch to my skin had managed to create a temperature change in my body.
In fact I had to look back at my thigh to see if there was some smoke or something coming from that spot because  even my brow had managed to produce a considerable amount of sweat in a short span of time.
One indirect touch and all kinds of things started happening. My cleavage seemed to become moist and even my yonder parts felt tingly. 
I wondered what on earth is happening to my personal thermostat?
Because this stranger is merely trying to help me straighten out my jumbled paper predictament in spite of my inability to even mumble a simple word of gratitude for his assistance. Finally he managed to stack all my papers neatly and he stood up to a full "Knight in Shining Armour" height as he looked down at me and handed me the neat stack of papers along with my Vogue Magazine that was serving as a makeshift folder.
As I gazed up at this tower sized gentleman I managed to find a replica of my voice and said a very Southern heavy "Thankyou!" Once I had my stack of papers secured in my possession again he nodded and began to walk away.  I hugged my papers to my chest and turned ever so slighlty.to watch this 6 foot plus frame glide down the sidewalk. Wow, sadly I thought every step he takes that way pulls him further from my reality. I even stood for a moment after his frame was no longer visible amongst the crowded square traffic sidewalk. Yes, I had some rude people who voiced their dislike of the crazy lady standing in the middle of the sidewalk. Still, those miserable people were merely background noise to the wonderment going on in my mind as I tried to determine if I would ever see this man again.  Surely the universe should understand that anyone who has the power to create mental mayhem on an otherwise dull Wednesday is definitely someone that needs further exploration from my inquisitive mind. Oh well I  decided I had contributed enough whimsical energy for Wednesday and needed to reign it in and head to the office. I decided my clumsiness had created a moment in time that I will certainly treasure. As I maneuvered my way towards the route that will take me to the subway I realized I needed to practice one more time before my scheduled presentation.
I mentally started going over my introduction trying to be careful to not speak out loud to myself. Well, as I was just about to slide my card to enter the subway I see the 6 footer man that has made my temperature rise earlier. This time he was with a group of other men who seemed to all have the tall thing in common.
Just as the gate closed he looked up and he locked eyes with me for a brief moment.  "Oh my he is headed way!" I mumbled to myself. I watched as he headed in glorious strides in my direction and I prayed I could.find my.voice by the time we were face to face. 
Whatever happens I will need a glass of ice water to cool off from the electricity of this interaction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Plug rolls out the red carpet for movie premiere

3 sexy red heels for February

BMore Lifestyle talks Spring 2019 Style with Rosie Mears Shoe Collection